Our Mission Statement
The Rosewood History Group is dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of the history of the town of Rosewood.
In fulfilling this goal, the Group will:
- Research, interpret, collect and preserve historical, cultural, genealogical, biographical and architectural matters pertaining to the locality and town of Rosewood and its environs.
- Recognise the value of Oral History in providing a more complete and accurate picture of the past by conducting interviews and supporting the information provided with public records, statistical data, photographs, maps, letters, diaries, and other historical materials.
- Disseminate knowledge and make its resources accessible to the general public.
- Hold meetings, create exhibits, publish material, run events for the education and enjoyment of its members, the Rosewood community, and the general public.
- Promote awareness of and interest in Rosewood district’s history and heritage so that visitors to Rosewood may become witnesses to its history and explore the dynamics of our local heritage.
- Assist and cooperate with other agencies, entities and institutions in order to further the purposes and objectives of the Rosewood History Group.
Find out more
Learn more ABOUT our group, how you can contribute and when we meet.
Our Facebook Group
For more opportunities to share and discover information about Rosewood History see the group’s Facebook page Rosewood History Group (and Memories).